Full Stack Engineering Team Lead
Based in San Francisco, Arine is a rapidly growing healthcare technology and clinical services company with a mission to ensure individuals receive the safest and most effective treatments for their unique and evolving healthcare needs.
Frequently, medications cause more harm than good. Incorrect drugs and doses costs the US healthcare system over $528 billion in waste, avoidable harm, and hospitalizations each year. Arine is redefining what excellent healthcare looks like by solving these issues through our software platform (SaaS). We combine cutting edge data science, machine learning, AI, and deep clinical expertise to introduce a patient-centric view to medication management, and develop and deliver personalized care plans on a massive scale for patients and their care teams.
Arine is committed to improving the lives and health of complex patients that have an outsized impact on healthcare costs and have traditionally been difficult to identify and address. These patients face numerous challenges including complicated prescribing issues across multiple medications and providers, medication challenges with many chronic diseases, and patient issues with access to care. Backed by leading healthcare investors and collaborating with top healthcare organizations and providers, we deliver recommendations and facilitate clinical interventions that lead to significant, measurable health improvements for patients and cost savings for customers.
Why is Arine a Great Place to Work?:
Market Opportunity - Arine is backed by leading healthcare investors and was founded to tackle one of the largest healthcare problems today. Non-optimized medications therapies which cost the US 275,000 lives and $528 billion annually.
Dramatic Growth - Arine is managing more than 18 million lives across prominent health plans after only 4 years in the market.
Outstanding Team and Culture - Our shared mission unites and motivates us to do our best work. We have a relentless passion and commitment to the innovation required to be the market leader in medication intelligence.
Making a Proven Difference in Healthcare - We are saving patient lives, and enabling individuals to experience improved health outcomes, including significant reductions in hospitalizations and cost of care.
This position offers a fast-paced environment with a strong team of diverse engineers that are central in building Arine’s user-facing portal. Technological innovation is at the core of our business, and you will have the opportunity to have a direct impact on the infrastructure and delivery of our core enterprise data offerings.
As Full Stack Engineering Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading the development efforts and the feature implementation strategies of the full stack team, including managing the work for the development team, the sprints, and the source code quality. You will actively participate in the development process of the web platform and in the process automations, architecture, and infrastructure handovers; and you will also have the opportunity to execute creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with the ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Be the subject matter expert for Arine’s web application
- Drive the engineering roadmap
- Define and track engineering sprint goals
- Provide clear communication of project timelines
- Manage the triage of urgent tickets and incoming requests
- Participate in the technical design of the platform
- Mentor engineers on the team
- Support the curation of the product roadmap
- Participate in the recruiting and hiring process of engineers
- Facilitate communication between the various stakeholders
- Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals
Our Ideal Candidate Possesses:
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 5+ years of applied experience
- Professional experience working with HTML and CSS
- Experience with developing Python APIs and SQL databases
- Background in leveraging CI/CD for testing and deployment
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong hands-on experience with AWS Serverless frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Firm sense of ownership of delivery of key features
- Strong track record in hands-on development and engineering design experience
- Proficient in project management
- Experience with EHR/EMR API integrations
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Experience with Typescript
Remote Work Requirements:
- An established private work area that ensures information privacy
- A stable high-speed internet connection for remote work
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must live in and be eligible to work in the United States
Information Security Roles and Responsibilities:
All staff at Arine are expected to be part of its Information Security Management Program and undergo periodic training on Information Security Awareness and HIPAA guidelines. Each user is responsible to maintain a secure working environment and follow all policies and procedures. Upon hire, each person is assigned and must complete trainings before access is granted for their specific role within Arine.
Arine is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees are treated with fairness and respect. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. Our hiring decisions and employment practices are based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply and join us in our mission.
Check our website at https://www.arine.io. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing start-up revolutionizing the healthcare industry!
Note to Recruitment Agencies: We appreciate your interest in finding talent for Arine, but please be advised that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. All resumes submitted to Arine without a prior written agreement in place will be considered property of Arine, and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire. Thank you for your understanding.