Machine Learning Engineer (Contractor)
Based in San Francisco, Arine is a rapidly growing healthcare technology and clinical services company with a mission to ensure that individuals receive the safest and most effective treatments for their unique and evolving healthcare needs. Non-optimized medication therapy results in more than $528 billion of waste, avoidable harm and hospitalizations each year. Arine solves these issues through our software platform, combining data science and clinical expertise to develop personalized care plans for patients and their care teams. Arine is committed to improving the lives of patients. Backed by leading healthcare investors and collaborating with top healthcare organizations, we provide and facilitate clinical interventions that lead to significant health improvements for patients.
Arine is redefining what excellent healthcare looks like by tackling one of the greatest drivers of costs in the US healthcare system - inappropriate use of medicines. Arine’s Medication Intelligence Platform uses AI and machine learning to introduce a patient-centric view to managing medications, helping address the $528B in associated costs and deliver better outcomes for all. We have experienced dramatic growth since our founding, partnering with leading healthcare payers and now managing 18 million lives.
The Data Science team works very collaboratively and cross-functionally with an experienced team of in-house clinicians, health economics and outcomes researchers, engineers, and digital health entrepreneurs. The Machine Learning Engineer will be responsible for productionizing and deploying Machine Learning (ML) models to support Arine's mission to improve patient outcomes and lower costs of healthcare at scale. This is a 6-month contract role, with the potential to grow into full-time, and an amazing opportunity to shape all aspects of the ML infrastructure collaboratively with the Data Science team.
Why is Arine a Great Place to Work?:
Market Opportunity - Arine is backed by leading healthcare investors and was founded to tackle one of the largest healthcare problems today. Non-optimized medications therapies which cost the US 275,000 lives and $528 billion annually.
Dramatic Growth - Arine is managing more than 18 million lives across prominent health plans after only 4 years in the market.
Outstanding Team and Culture - Our shared mission unites and motivates us to do our best work. We have a relentless passion and commitment to the innovation required to be the market leader in medication intelligence.
Making a Proven Difference in Healthcare - We are saving patient lives, and enabling individuals to experience improved health outcomes, including significant reductions in hospitalizations and cost of care.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Productionize and integrate developed algorithms in our automated production flows
- Contribute to our production ML infrastructure and relevant software, including distributed training, automation, data management, and evaluation of production systems
- Drive robust testing strategies
- Basic understanding of ML techniques (using healthcare data is a plus)
- Design and integrate monitoring into our ML infrastructure so the Data Science team can identify changes to our algorithms’ performance and/or in the raw data
- Contribute to code reviews within the Data Science team
Our Ideal Candidate Possesses:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Meaningful experience (2+ years) working with the relevant toolset: Python, SQL (Snowflake), cloud development and deployment services (AWS, Docker)
- Experience working cross-functionally to define project objectives and deliver, communicate results
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and problem solve under tight deadlines and resource constraints
- Minimum 30 hours/week (up to 40 hours/week) for at least 6+ months
Joining Arine offers you a dynamic role and the opportunity to contribute to the company's growth and shape its future. You'll have unparalleled learning and growth prospects, collaborating closely with experienced Clinicians, Engineers, Software Architects, and Digital Health Entrepreneurs.
The posted range represents the expected hourly rate for this position and does not include any other potential components of the compensation package, benefits, and perks. Ultimately, the final pay decision will consider factors such as your experience, job level, location, and other relevant job-related criteria. The hourly pay rate for this position is: $25-35/hour.
Arine is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees are treated with fairness and respect. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected status. Our hiring decisions and employment practices are based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply and join us in our mission.
Check our website at https://www.arine.io. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing start-up revolutionizing the healthcare industry!