Operations Specialist (Overnight)
Airspace is a tech-enabled freight forwarder that’s redefining how the world’s most critical packages are delivered. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Airspace has employees who are based around the world. Our European headquarters is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
As a recognized leader in AI and machine learning, our team leverages data and patented technology to coordinate logistics across a global network of drivers and airlines. Our goal is to deliver those packages that are truly mission-critical in a way that is faster, more transparent, more secure, and more accountable than ever before. The items we deliver range from organs for transplant, to parts for critical machinery including grounded aircraft and highly sensitive components such as semiconductors.
Airspace has been rated one of America’s best Startup Employers, listed as one of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 companies, and featured as an Innovation and Disruption leader by CBS News. Airspace has the support of leading investors such as Telstra Ventures, HarbourVest Partners, Defy Partners, DBL Partners, and Scale Ventures. To date the company has raised more than $140m.
The company is growing rapidly and serving more places around the world than ever before. We are looking for passionate, motivated individuals who want to make an IMPACT every day to help us execute on our mission of reshaping the world of time-critical logistics.
You will be actively making logistics more transparent, faster, and safer for everyone using our services. You will be part of our operations team, which means you will be saving lives, keeping planes in the air, and delivering packages faster than UPS/FedEx. There is never a dull day in the life of an Operations Team Member!
- Adaptability: The ability to rapidly move from one critical task to another and to shift roles when necessary.
- Attention to detail: Critical logistics is a game of inches. The right decision is not always clear and it is your job to find it.
- Ownership mindset: When you plug in, the shipments you handle are yours. You will be surrounded by the best people and technology in the industry, but end to end autonomy and ownership will be key to your success.
- Decision making: A flight takes off every minute. Seconds count. Your ability to make good decisions quickly will save lives every single day.
- Positive attitude: Your job is to make the impossible possible. Have fun doing it.
- Calm under pressure: Moving critical items around the world is not for the faint of heart. All of the best operators in the world remain calm and focused even when handling the most sensitive shipments.
- Customer obsessed: Our customers are obsessed with us because we are obsessed with our customers. You will be expected to do everything it takes to give the customer the best experience possible.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience is required
- Experience handling a high volume of inbound and outbound phone calls required
- Must be willing and able to work onsite at our office in Carlsbad, CA
- Open availability strongly preferred
- Competitive hourly wage
- High-quality health and dental care plan options.
- 401K company contribution program.
- Professional training and education reimbursements.
- Generous employee perks
$22.00 - $26.00 per hour
- We are One Team. We believe we all accomplish more when we are working together.
- We make an Impact. We are determined to have a positive influence on our environment, our customers, our industry, and our world.
- We are Passionate. We care deeply about our mission and are not afraid to raise the bar.
- We are Transparent. We pride ourselves on having open, honest, and sincere communication with our team and customers.
- We are Innovative. We never settle and are always striving to improve our product, service, and ourselves.
From life-saving organs to essential machinery components, Airspace is trusted by the world’s largest companies and most critical healthcare organizations to move their most time-sensitive shipments on time, every time. Our proprietary AI-powered platform is the most advanced of its kind- awarded and protected by multiple patents, it provides speed, reliability, and transparency unrivaled in time-critical logistics. We are thinkers, builders, and doers; from building and deploying AI in the world to assembling a world-class operations team, Airspace is on a hypergrowth trajectory while remaining hyper-focused on the needs of our customers and team members.
With offices in the United States in Carlsbad, CA, Dallas, TX, and in Europe in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Stockholm, and London, we are rapidly scaling into new markets and industries while continuing to innovate and maximize value for our customers. Backed by leading investors including Telstra, HarbourVest, Prologis, Qualcomm, Defy, and others, Airspace has raised $140M to date.
Join our team of 300+ technologists, futurists, and industry veterans as we work as One Team to revolutionize time-critical logistics.
Airspace is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Airspace participates in the E-Verify program for all locations.