Senior Mobile Developer
Airspace is a tech-enabled freight forwarder that’s redefining how the world’s most critical packages are delivered. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Airspace has employees who are based around the world. Our European headquarters is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
As a recognized leader in AI and machine learning, our team leverages data and patented technology to coordinate logistics across a global network of drivers and airlines. Our goal is to deliver those packages that are truly mission-critical in a way that is faster, more transparent, more secure, and more accountable than ever before. The items we deliver range from organs for transplant, to parts for critical machinery including grounded aircraft and highly sensitive components such as semiconductors.
Airspace has been rated one of America’s best Startup Employers, listed as one of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 companies, and featured as an Innovation and Disruption leader by CBS News. Airspace has the support of leading investors such as Telstra Ventures, HarbourVest Partners, Defy Partners, DBL Partners, and Scale Ventures. To date the company has raised more than $140m.
The company is growing rapidly and serving more places around the world than ever before. We are looking for passionate, motivated individuals who want to make an IMPACT every day to help us execute on our mission of reshaping the world of time-critical logistics.
Airspace’s R&D team is looking for a naturally curious and adept senior mobile developer who can lead the migration of our mature, native iOS and Android application to Flutter. The right person will be able to pick up a JIRA epic, ask the right questions to get it done, and deliver a feature, fix, or new app that is well tested and maintainable. Applicants should be results oriented, keen on producing high quality software, and good collaborators. Although this role is specific to Flutter a good understanding of native mobile development is needed to succeed.
What you will do:
- Work with our product team to understand the technical needs of features, apps, and bug fixes
- Work with our design team to implement complex user interfaces
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Maintain code quality through test automation, peer code reviews, and regression testing
- Ideate, plan, propose and implement improvements to the development and testing processes
- Assist in resolving end user issues, inspecting logs, and providing workarounds and long-term solutions
- Collaborate with a team of smart, friendly engineers to develop solutions unique to logistics
What you will bring:
- A friendly, humble personality that understands priorities and is hungry to learn
- 1+ year of professional cross-platform mobile development experience using Flutter
- 3+ years of professional native mobile development experience using iOS and/or Android
- A development style that puts a high value on testing and attention to details
- Understanding of common and modern mobile architecture patterns, their benefits, use cases and drawbacks
- Experience designing APIs (SDKs) and integration with backend REST services
- Experience working with multithreaded code
- Experience with UI test automation
- Ability to integrate native iOS and/or Android code with Flutter applications
Nice to have:
- Experience with Datadog
- Understanding of design principles and guidelines for both iOS and Android
Salary Range: $135,000-150,000
- We are One Team. We believe we all accomplish more when we are working together.
- We make an Impact. We are determined to have a positive influence on our environment, our customers, our industry, and our world.
- We are Passionate. We care deeply about our mission and are not afraid to raise the bar.
- We are Transparent. We pride ourselves on having open, honest, and sincere communication with our team and customers.
- We are Innovative. We never settle and are always striving to improve our product, service, and ourselves.
From life-saving organs to essential machinery components, Airspace is trusted by the world’s largest companies and most critical healthcare organizations to move their most time-sensitive shipments on time, every time. Our proprietary AI-powered platform is the most advanced of its kind- awarded and protected by multiple patents, it provides speed, reliability, and transparency unrivaled in time-critical logistics. We are thinkers, builders, and doers; from building and deploying AI in the world to assembling a world-class operations team, Airspace is on a hypergrowth trajectory while remaining hyper-focused on the needs of our customers and team members.
With offices in the United States in Carlsbad, CA, Dallas, TX, and in Europe in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Stockholm, and London, we are rapidly scaling into new markets and industries while continuing to innovate and maximize value for our customers. Backed by leading investors including Telstra, HarbourVest, Prologis, Qualcomm, Defy, and others, Airspace has raised $140M to date.
Join our team of 300+ technologists, futurists, and industry veterans as we work as One Team to revolutionize time-critical logistics.
Airspace is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Airspace participates in the E-Verify program for all locations.