Executive Assistant- Europe
Airspace is a tech-enabled freight forwarder that’s redefining how the world’s most critical packages are delivered. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Airspace has employees who are based around the world. Our European headquarters is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
As a recognized leader in AI and machine learning, our team leverages data and patented technology to coordinate logistics across a global network of drivers and airlines. Our goal is to deliver those packages that are truly mission-critical in a way that is faster, more transparent, more secure, and more accountable than ever before. The items we deliver range from organs for transplant, to parts for critical machinery including grounded aircraft and highly sensitive components such as semiconductors.
Airspace has been rated one of America’s best Startup Employers, listed as one of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 companies, and featured as an Innovation and Disruption leader by CBS News. Airspace has the support of leading investors such as Telstra Ventures, HarbourVest Partners, Defy Partners, DBL Partners, and Scale Ventures. To date the company has raised more than $140m.
The company is growing rapidly and serving more places around the world than ever before. We are looking for passionate, motivated individuals who want to make an IMPACT every day to help us execute on our mission of reshaping the world of time-critical logistics.
Who we are:
Airspace is a technology-enabled freight forwarder focused on transporting ultra-critical shipments ranging from sensitive components for the world’s most high-tech manufacturers to medications, treatments, and even life-saving organs for healthcare providers . Our mission is to eliminate the risks of complex & critical shipping by giving shippers control over their supply chains. We accomplish this through patent-protected AI technology, a globally integrated network, and our world-class team!
Airspace is growing rapidly and has been featured as an innovator and disruptor in the media (CNBC, CBS). We are backed by world-class investors and have maintained a track record of growth and success since our founding in 2016. Airspace is trusted by hundreds of the world's largest shippers across the semiconductor, aerospace, automotive, and healthcare sectors and offers expedited logistics services globally, operating in over 60 countries primarily in North America, Europe, and East Asia.
At Airspace, we live and breathe our core values: One Team, Impact, Passion, Transparency, and Innovation! By applying these to our daily tasks and interactions, we have created a company culture that is unrivaled in our industry and are constantly looking for people to push it forward!
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a skilled, enthusiastic Executive Assistant to partner alongside our General Manager (Head) of International Business. This position is based in the Amsterdam, NL area at our Europe HQ in Hoofddorp (NL). Our business is growing rapidly and the role of the GM is evolving and expanding. We have employees and customers across the globe and the complexity of managing communications, travel, and activities across those partners is increasing as well! This person will aid and advise the GM of INTL on scheduling, travel, administrative duties, etc. as well as on office events, employee culture & experience, and on general office management. Ultimately, this person is providing critical support and ensuring that our day-to-day operations run smoothly. This opportunity offers a broad scope of work ranging from ensuring smooth daily operations to spearheading initiatives that are both customer- and employee-focused.
The ultimate goal for this role is to empower our GM to be as effective and impactful as possible as a global leader and to contribute to Airspace’s world-class culture! The person who is able to accomplish this is a self-starter who is able to operate in a fast-paced environment, is extremely organized & proactive, and is excited to be a part of a rapidly growing business that is changing the world! If that sounds like you, join our Airspace Team today!
Role Description & Key Responsibilities
- Maintain the (Google) calendar for the General Manager: Coordinate with other internal and external parties who need to schedule time on it and act as the gatekeeper
- Assist in the prioritization of GM’s calendar and activities: Constantly assess the GM's daily tasks and identify areas where processes can be streamlined and efficiency can be enhanced
- Collaborate closely with other executives and other departmental EA’s
- Manage high volume of daily inflow and outflow of email correspondence from the GM and from other parties both internal and external
- Own the coordination of cross-functional meetings across the organization as well as with customers; this includes scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the GM and select other leaders, including but not limited to Visa applications/appointments, passport renewals/appointments, conference registrations, etc.
- Maintain the utmost attention to detail regarding time zones (we are a global company so scheduling needs to account for time zones of others), travel checklists & current guidelines, etc.
- Track and manage the GM’s expenses and reimbursements
- Greet all office visitors as they arrive, giving them their first impression of Airspace!
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as needed to keep items stocked
- Plan, coordinate, and manage department and company-level events such as client meetings, celebrations, meals, etc.
- Manage outgoing and incoming mail and deliveries for the office
- Own, negotiate, and manage select vendor contracts
- Coordinate with the building for facilities maintenance including office related work orders
- This person may also be asked to conduct research, gather information, and assist with select other special projects where needed
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality in all business matters
- Most importantly, this person must display a strong understanding of urgency & prudence as a steward of the GM. This includes identifying potential issues in the office and provide solutions in a timely manner, escalating high-urgency messages and execute on necessary responses, and anticipating the needs of the GM and the office in general to achieve stability
Ideal Background and Skills
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree preferred
- Fluency in English & Dutch
- Excellent verbal, written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Comfortable working with senior business partners on a daily basis with a track record of gaining trust throughout the organization and the ability to effectively communicate and orchestrate with various levels of the organization and third parties.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office / Google Suite application and general technological proficiency
- High level of experience scheduling appointments and updating calendars (we use Google as our main calendar system)
- Proactive self-starter able to manage a fluid work environment: Eager to tackle new projects and ideas along with the confidence to take on those new tasks & embrace change
- Strong project management experience coupled with self-motivation and ability to effectively prioritize to meet business needs
- Positive attitude and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with people from different geographies and backgrounds
- Experience in logistics is not necessary
Compensation & Benefits
- Strong compensation & holistic benefit package: Competitive salary with opportunities for advancement, bonus, and more. Benefits include pension plan, discounted meals, etc.
- Growth Opportunities: The sky's the limit, we will invest in you like you invest in our company and we maintain a strong track record of rapid promotion of high achievers
- Opportunity to work and develop for a cutting edge global leader: Airspace is reshaping the face of an industry that is increasingly in the spotlight. You will get the chance to be a member of an impactful, rapidly growing organization, and work with leaders, partners, and blue-chip customers across the globe
- Freedom & flexibility: Role is hybrid with flexible requirements regarding office attendance (however does need to be based in AMS) and encourages creativity, self-responsibility and self-development in scoping and executing the key responsibilities
- Excellent culture with fantastic colleagues: An international team of highly skilled and motivated team members are there to make your day
- Strong management team with open door environment: In a young and international team, where your voice will be heard and where we are all working to reach the same goals
Airspace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
- We are One Team. We believe we all accomplish more when we are working together.
- We make an Impact. We are determined to have a positive influence on our environment, our customers, our industry, and our world.
- We are Passionate. We care deeply about our mission and are not afraid to raise the bar.
- We are Transparent. We pride ourselves on having open, honest, and sincere communication with our team and customers.
- We are Innovative. We never settle and are always striving to improve our product, service, and ourselves.
From life-saving organs to essential machinery components, Airspace is trusted by the world’s largest companies and most critical healthcare organizations to move their most time-sensitive shipments on time, every time. Our proprietary AI-powered platform is the most advanced of its kind- awarded and protected by multiple patents, it provides speed, reliability, and transparency unrivaled in time-critical logistics. We are thinkers, builders, and doers; from building and deploying AI in the world to assembling a world-class operations team, Airspace is on a hypergrowth trajectory while remaining hyper-focused on the needs of our customers and team members.
With offices in the United States in Carlsbad, CA, Dallas, TX, and in Europe in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Stockholm, and London, we are rapidly scaling into new markets and industries while continuing to innovate and maximize value for our customers. Backed by leading investors including Telstra, HarbourVest, Prologis, Qualcomm, Defy, and others, Airspace has raised $140M to date.
Join our team of 300+ technologists, futurists, and industry veterans as we work as One Team to revolutionize time-critical logistics.
Airspace is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Airspace participates in the E-Verify program for all locations.