HR Operations Specialist - Europe
Airspace is a tech-enabled freight forwarder that’s redefining how the world’s most critical packages are delivered. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Airspace has employees who are based around the world. Our European headquarters is in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
As a recognized leader in AI and machine learning, our team leverages data and patented technology to coordinate logistics across a global network of drivers and airlines. Our goal is to deliver those packages that are truly mission-critical in a way that is faster, more transparent, more secure, and more accountable than ever before. The items we deliver range from organs for transplant, to parts for critical machinery including grounded aircraft and highly sensitive components such as semiconductors.
Airspace has been rated one of America’s best Startup Employers, listed as one of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 companies, and featured as an Innovation and Disruption leader by CBS News. Airspace has the support of leading investors such as Telstra Ventures, HarbourVest Partners, Defy Partners, DBL Partners, and Scale Ventures. To date the company has raised more than $140m.
The company is growing rapidly and serving more places around the world than ever before. We are looking for passionate, motivated individuals who want to make an IMPACT every day to help us execute on our mission of reshaping the world of time-critical logistics.
Who we are:
Airspace is a technology-enabled freight forwarder focused on transporting ultra-critical shipments ranging from sensitive components for the world’s most high-tech manufacturers to medications, treatments, and even life-saving organs for healthcare providers . Our mission is to eliminate the risks of complex & critical shipping by giving shippers control over their supply chains. We accomplish this through patent-protected AI technology, a globally integrated network, and our world-class team!
Airspace is growing rapidly and has been featured as an innovator and disruptor in the media (CNBC, CBS). We are backed by world-class investors and have maintained a track record of growth and success since our founding in 2016. Airspace is trusted by hundreds of the world's largest shippers across the semiconductor, aerospace, automotive, and healthcare sectors and offers them expedited logistics services globally, operating in over 60 countries primarily in North America, Europe, and East Asia.
At Airspace, we live and breathe our core values: One Team, Impact, Passion, Transparency, and Innovation! By applying these to our daily tasks and interactions, we have created a company culture that is unrivaled in our industry and are constantly looking for people to push it forward!
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a skilled HR Operations Specialist, based in the Amsterdam, NL area and covering all of our European team members. Our Europe HQ is in Hoofddorp (NL) and we have employees in the Netherlands, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France and Germany (and the list is growing!). This person will advise the GM of INTL on strategies and practices as we scale rapidly and will be a trusted partner. This opportunity offers a broad scope of work ranging from ensuring smooth daily operations to spearheading our approach to improve the overall team member experience, to owning and driving processes and policies to make sure Airspace is a safe, compliant, and equitable workplace!
The HR Team is looking for skilled and innovative team-players; people with a feel for operational tasks who are keen to make an impact through developing policies and managing procedures. If that sounds like you, join our Airspace HR Team today!
Role Description & Key Responsibilities
- Build and lead a scalable Human Resources function for Airspace’s European Operations
- Set the standards for employee regulations, compliance, and payroll
- Develop a network of trusted 3rd-party partners to provide guidance, expertise, and assistance as we continue to grow
- Maintain systems necessary for proper business functions (e.g., Hooray)
- Ensure standardization of HR processes and legal requirements by following our ISo 9001:2015 guidelines and other industry standards & best-practices
- Serve as a driving force for the culture at Airspace including spearheading employee development, feedback, and discipline
- Drive change management as the organization evolves and serve as a passionate advocate for our mission and our values
- Foster alignment and partnership between the the European team & the US headquarters
- Collaborate with and develop relationships with cross-departmental leaders to help enhance and grow our employee base and their satisfaction & productivity
- Serve as a valued strategic partner in designing org structure and compensation strategies
Ideal Background and Skills
- 3+ years of People Operations experience within Europe; experience working for multinational corporations preferred
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in Human Resource Management or related field
- High proficiency with HR information systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office / Google Suite applications and comfort using data to complete analyses, drive recommendations and provide executive-level reporting
- Fluent in Dutch and English (French and German are a plus)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; comfortable working with senior business partners on a daily basis
- Strong project management experience coupled with self-motivation and ability to effectively prioritize to meet business needs
- Positive attitude and comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with people from different geographies and backgrounds
- Experience in logistics is not necessary
Compensation & Benefits
- Strong compensation & holistic benefit package: Competitive salary with opportunities for advancement, bonus, and more. Benefits include pension plan, discounted meals, holiday / vacation plan, company fitness plan, etc.
- Growth Opportunities: The sky's the limit, we will invest in you like you invest in our company and we maintain a strong track record of rapid promotion of high achievers
- Opportunity to work and develop for a cutting edge global leader: Airspace is reshaping the face of an industry that is increasingly in the spotlight. You will get the chance to be a member of an impactful, rapidly growing organization, and work with leaders, partners, and blue-chip customers across the globe
- Freedom & flexibility: Role is hybrid with flexible requirements regarding office attendance (however does need to be based in AMS) and encourages creativity, self-responsibility and self-development in scoping and executing the key responsibilities
- Excellent culture with fantastic colleagues: An international team of highly skilled and for all motivated team members are there to make your day;
- Strong management team with open door environment: In a young and international team, where your voice will be heard and where we are all working to reach the same goals;
Airspace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
- We are One Team. We believe we all accomplish more when we are working together.
- We make an Impact. We are determined to have a positive influence on our environment, our customers, our industry, and our world.
- We are Passionate. We care deeply about our mission and are not afraid to raise the bar.
- We are Transparent. We pride ourselves on having open, honest, and sincere communication with our team and customers.
- We are Innovative. We never settle and are always striving to improve our product, service, and ourselves.
From life-saving organs to essential machinery components, Airspace is trusted by the world’s largest companies and most critical healthcare organizations to move their most time-sensitive shipments on time, every time. Our proprietary AI-powered platform is the most advanced of its kind- awarded and protected by multiple patents, it provides speed, reliability, and transparency unrivaled in time-critical logistics. We are thinkers, builders, and doers; from building and deploying AI in the world to assembling a world-class operations team, Airspace is on a hypergrowth trajectory while remaining hyper-focused on the needs of our customers and team members.
With offices in the United States in Carlsbad, CA, Dallas, TX, and in Europe in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Stockholm, and London, we are rapidly scaling into new markets and industries while continuing to innovate and maximize value for our customers. Backed by leading investors including Telstra, HarbourVest, Prologis, Qualcomm, Defy, and others, Airspace has raised $140M to date.
Join our team of 300+ technologists, futurists, and industry veterans as we work as One Team to revolutionize time-critical logistics.
Airspace is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Airspace participates in the E-Verify program for all locations.